Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dr. Visits

I absolutely LOATHE going to the doctor. I think that is probably why I haven't done it in years. Seriously, it has been a LOOONG time - I can't even remember when I last had a check-up. So anyway, I went & got a FULL physical so I can get the Dr's note signed off on for the adoption packet. I've never met this guy (yes, guy) before, and I had to have him all up in my business down there. And he told me to RELAX?? How on earth is that possible? Not likely, that's for sure. Anyway, so far so good though - looks like I'm a lot healthier than I probably should be, what with the fact that I need to lose a good 50 pounds or so. But, blood pressure is good, pulse & breathing etc. all check out. I'll know for sure when all the bloodwork from today (yup 4 vials - SO not cool) and the results of the other stuff (the reason I really couldn't relax well) all come back in. Oh - back to the bloodwork. Yes, 4 vials. I was NOT expecting quite that much. Did I mention that I am absoutely terrified of needles? I mean, sure I have 12 earrings and 2 tattoos. And sure I want to get more of both of those things. But that's DIFFERENT. This kind of needles (shots, blood draws, etc) terrify me. I hate 'em with a passion. Then the day got even better... they handed me a little plastic cup & pointed me to the restroom. Not good. I hate having to pee on command. Especially since I had to fast all morning for the bloodwork. It was not a pretty sight, but I finally managed to convince my bladder to cooperate. Oh well, I may have hated it all, but it's something else taken care of so I can get that homestudy going. And we all know what that means - it's one step closer to having Lil' Bit here, where he or she belongs. So for that, I'm glad. Yup - I'm actually thankful that I got this done (well, as thankful as I can be what with all the hating of physicals & needle-fear and everything!).

2 comments:

Lori Inman said...

That's a big accomplishment. Having just gone through it myself, I totally commiserate. It was awful, and I don't plan to do it again any time soon. But at least you know you're healthy. Congrats on the next step!

HollyMarie said...

Glad it's over for you!!!