Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dr. Visit - Part 2

I meant to blog about this earlier, but the weekend got crazy. I got the results back from my Dr. appointment & pincushion day. Turns out I'm actually very healthy. Probably more than I have any right to be, if I'm being honest here... In any event, I'm a little anemic & a bit vitamin D deficient, but other than that I'm totally healthy. Not bad for an overweight not-quite-quit-yet smoker, huh? Yeah, working up to the whole quitting the cigs, but it hasn't exactly been the right time yet. I will, though. My goal is to quit before LB comes home - don't wanna be the smoker mom (that's also when I want to lose the weight by - don't wanna be that mom, either). I want to be able to play with my baby at the park, go for walks, things like that - don't want to be too heavy or unable to breathe right so that I have to just watch from a bench. So yeah, except for the weight & the bad habit - I'm healthier than I expected. Especially since I haven't had a checkup in YEARS! Actually, when I got the letter from the Dr. I had to reread it several times - kept thinking they must have someone else's records! So, big happy moment here - another step officially down!

3 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Yay! Good luck on your goals! :)

Beth said...

Each little and big step will bring you closer. I am glad you had good news from the doctor. As far as healthier living for LB, I hope this goes well even though I know it won't be easy.

karimtk3 said...

ok, so after just completing my physical, I can completely relate to you! I didn't think that it was too bad until I had a severe allerigic reaction to the tetanus shot and failed my drug test due to a pill I took 2 weeks ago for a migrane!! Atleast your's is over, I get to go back again!!