Friday, January 18, 2008

Reflections

Well, I've had about a week & a half to come to terms with my most recent birthday. I know, it's not like it was that big of a deal - I'm only 28, after all. The thing is, I hate my birthdays. They always make me realize just how far I am from where I wanted to be at this point in my life. So, it usually takes me a little while to get positive again & see what I do have. Ok, so I don't have my baby yet - but I am actively working to make it happen. No, I don't own a house - but I have an ok apartment that is big enough, in a good neighborhood, and low rent. I'm not wealthy or fabulously successful - but I make enough to support myself & LB and I have a decent job that I enjoy. Yeah I'm single, but I have a wonderfully supportive extended family & a "chosen family" of friends who love me & are waiting for the Lil' Bit so they can love & spoil him or her too. See - sometimes we don't have what we think we want, but what we do have can be pretty great!

4 comments:

Lori Inman said...

Cris, I always thought I'd be 25 when I had my first baby. Instead, my wonderful husband didn't come along til I was 35 and my baby til37. Sometimes the best blessings take a little longer than you plan. Happy birthday!

HollyMarie said...

Worth the Wait... that's something you'll hear over and over again but will fully realize when your LB is home! Things definitely don't always go as we hope, but thank Goodness that God has our best in mind. Happy Birthday and may this year be one of GREAT blessing in your life!!! :D

Kelli TenHaken said...

I agree with Lori and Holly. God's timing is not always ours. When I look back at life I am thankful too, because He always has it work out better than we could :)

Happy Birthday!

Carissa said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies - you are fantastic!