Sunday, August 31, 2008

Slight Progress

I've made a little bit of progress on the adoption front this week. I sent the missing final reference letter to a friend to fill out. I also had my fingerprints taken so those can be sent in this next week, along with my background check release forms. I also have the forms that expired re-signed & ready to send to my agency. See - progress! This means we will start the homestudy soon, which is a big step in the right direction.


I think sometimes I have to remind myself of the smallest steps in the right direction in order to avoid feeling like I've failed. I know it will all happen in God's time, that every delay is going to make sure that my child & I are ready at the same time, but sometimes it still feels like I already have failed. When I started this process, I had thought I would at least have my dossier sent to Addis by now. Instead, I wait. I see families who started after me that are now waiting for their referrals. I am thrilled for them when they complete each step, but it still stings. I wish so badly that it was me. But I know it will happen, I just need to be patient a little longer. At least, that's what I tell myself something like 40 times a day.


Well, on a lighter note - how about a picture of my beautiful new niece? Since you all can't answer me, I will figure that you'd love to see her. So here you go - Lucca Marie (for those of you who don't know my family, that's my brother - her daddy)



3 comments:

Erica Jonkman said...

did you get to see her yet?

sweet momma luv u said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

The whole adoption process is hard! I know. I feel your frustrations. We were there once waiting for our first one. Now we are there again waiting for #2.

Just hang in there because the child you have been dreaming of is somewhere out there for you. When it happens it was meant to be!

Your niece is so precious and beautiful! Congratulations.

Hugs,
Jody

sweet momma luv u said...

Hello again! How are you doing? Thinking about you and hope everything is going well for you! Would love to see new pictures of your niece or whatever else you are doing.

Hang in there!
Sending you cyber Hugs,
Jody